With the Maya Editor Plugin you can send commands to the currently open Maya session and get any results or error messages back in a dedicated jEdit buffer. You can also source the contents of a jEdit buffer and it will return results and/or error messages. Both MEL and Python commands are supported.
It functions like the Maya script editor except that you are able to have syntax highlighting in the MayaEditor.mel buffer and you can save the results to disk at any time.
Search through multiple sets of documentation including MEL, Maya API, Maya Python
commands and Pymel. Display the results within jEdit or launch an external
Includes options to:
- Execute MEL Range
- Execute Python Range
- Execute Buffer (either MEL or Python based on file extension)
- Clear Buffer
- Display docs
- Download the .zip file
- See the ReadMe.txt file for instructions
- Check out the docs in the jEdit Plugins Help under MayaEditor.
jEdit 4.3pre9 or later
jEdit plugin InfoViewer 1.5.9 or later
Java Runtime Environment 6
Using jEdit with Maya Tutorial
* separated out mayaEditor() procedure from plugin
* mayaEditor.mel contains code to setup commandPort and mayaEditor() procedure
* added mayaEditor.bsh macro to do a search/replace for all occurances of
"mayaEditor();" string in the buffer
* macro will also move cursor to start of last Maya response
* plugin no longer requires Console or ErrorList plugins
* added option to specify a different commandPort number. Default is 2566 but it can now be modified.
* added FileListener to allow jEdit to get Maya script editor output automatically
per user defined interval
* added Display Docs command that searches for highlighted text in the Mel and API documentation
and displays it in the InfoViewer window (plugin available at www.jedit.org)
* updated for jEdit4.3pre9 and later
* updated for Maya 8.5 and later
* DocViewer now displays Maya python commands
* updated plugin for jEdit4.3pre13
* added functionality to communicate with Maya through Python
* added support for searching Pymel documentation
Please use the Feature Requests to give me ideas.
Please use the Support Forum if you have any questions or problems.
Please rate and review in the Review section.