by Jeronimo Maggi
1. Copy this file in your scripts directory C:/Users/User/Documents/maya/20xx/scripts (Where 20xx is your version number)
2. Open Maya (or restart it) and type: import equalizerToMaya in your script editor and the script will open. Make sure you run it in the Python command line, NOT in Mel one.
1. Select your MEL script exported from 3D Equalizer.
2. Change any values or leave the default values and finally click on Import Data.
3. Check the script editor for any warnings or errors.
This script allows you to select a MEL script exported from 3D Equalizer and import it in a cleaner way.
*Note this script works in real world scale. It sets the sizes of locators and cameras so they are visible in real world scale.*
- It replaces all image planes with the dewarped version of it if it's found. Please note that the dewarped files have to be in the same directory as the original ones and have the _dewarped suffix, which is the default way Warp4 saves it.
- It deletes the default image planes that come with the 3D Equalizer script (which sometimes don't work) and creates new ones that work.
- It allows you to lock and hide every attribute of the locators and cameras to prevent any accidental change.
- Sets the depth and camera clip planes so they work in real world scale.
- Creates a display layer for the locators.
Bugs & Fixes
Please email me if you run into any errors and include the error message from the script editor.
Please use the Feature Requests to give me ideas.
Please use the Support Forum if you have any questions or problems.
Please rate and review in the Review section.