What is Deex Render Tool?
Deex Render Tool is a small tool that I created to accelerate and simplify the management of the establishment of a scene rendering.
Im not programmer. I make this tool during my free time at night. If you see bugs, lines of programming (in Python) poorly written, please let me know in order to improve the script.
- Sunday 29 March: v0.78. Bug Fix when you save your XML.
- Friday 20 March: v0.75. Bug Fix when you delete pass of Mia_material. Adding the function of creating your own pass, all work with the XML ! =). v0.76, put the tool where you want..v0.77 : bugfix, optimization of the code. Now you can see what are pass in your preset
- Sunday 8 March: v0.70. Bug fix when using references. Optimization of the code (you can rename your sets, shader Lineair as you want), adding 23 pass for mia_material_x and mia_material_x_passes.
- Friday 20 February: v0.69. Fixed bug on custom pass + labelID
- Sunday 15 February: v0.68. Added SSS Back pass, SSS Front pass and Mid SSS pass. For misss_fast_skin_maya, misss_fast_shader_x_passes and misss_fast_simple_maya shader
- Thursday, February 5: v0.65. Optimization of the script. You can rename pass and shaders as you want now.
- Tuesday, February 3: v0.6. Adding custom Occlusion pass and Y deph pass.
- Monday, February 2: v0.5. First public release.
- Add other pass in the custom creator of preset pass (Y deph, etc etc )
- Autocomp for Nuke and Shake
- Autocomp detection of special pass as occlusion, the Zdeph, etc etc
Do not hesitate to give me ideas ;).
What are the functions of Deex Render Tool?
Deex Render Tool is divided into 3 parts:
The objects in the group will take the attribute value of group parent. This gives an overall view of overides and ease of navigation.
- Pass manager : Several tools in this section. The linear Worflow can set a scene in a linear worflow in few cliques. The pass preset allows to create a preset for Pass saved in an XML and then apply it on your scene.
- AutoComp: This tool allows you to create a compositing file automatically based passes configured in your scene.
Be careful, to this version (v0.5), this only works for additives pass (diffuse, specular, reflection, irradiance, etc etc ). In future releases, special pass will be supported (occlusion, Zdeph, Id, etc etc ). Autocomp supports passContributionMaps
If you encounter any bugs, if you have any requests for additional functions, or any other comment, thank you for telling me.
Put your script in your default script path.
If you want put the script in a custom path, open your maya.env and write :
PYTHONPATH = C:/what/you/want
To check your path, in the script editor in Python mode :
for path in sys.path:
To run the tool :
Tutorial page (french and english) here : https://deex.info/wordpress2/deex-render-tool/