Updated my old utility (sag_instancerToGeometry) that converts instancer into keyframed objects – it’s much faster and stable now, works with all rotation types (rotation and aim), has progress bars and prints final statistics into script editor.
1) put ark_instToGeo.py into any Maya scripts folder (get the list with “getenv PYTHONPATH;” MEL-command);
2) execute python-command:
from ark_instToGeo import *; ark_instToGeo()
3) select instancer(s) and press Convert button to make conversion (static channels will be deleted and euler filter applied to the result).
- Duplicate – objects will be created as independent duplicates;
- Hybrid – objects will be created as duplicates, but with their shape driven by the original object (outMesh->inMesh connection, can be broken manually to make the duplicate independent from the original object);
- Instance – objects will be created as instances (slower than other methods);
Start from Current Frame – if enabled, no matter what playback range is set to and whether custom range is enabled or not, conversion will start from the current frame;
Playback/Custom Range – in the first case conversion framerange will be taken from playback range, in the second one – you can enter custom start/end frames;
Convert – runs the conversion;
Help – link to help page.