A combination of modeling scripts that select certain modeling errors:
- N-Gons, faces with more than 4 edges
- Triangles, faces with 3 edges
- Six poles, a vertex with 6 edges coming together at that vertex
It does not fix the errors but selects the parts which contain an error.
Each of the error filters are seperate function in the file.
How to install:
1. Copy / move the ModelingMesh.py in your Documents\maya\version\scripts
2. In Maya, open the script editor
3. Make a new python tab or empty an existing python tab
Command menu > New Tab > Click Python from the pop up.
4. Paste the code below into the script editor, for each of the functions seperately!
# Six poles
5. Select the code and click + drag it to the desired shelf. Click Python again in the pop up.
6. For editing the label and icon: right click the new icon and choose Edit and go to the Shelves tab of the window
Please use the Feature Requests to give me ideas.
Please use the Support Forum if you have any questions or problems.
Please rate and review in the Review section.