Modified and enhanced by Richard Schmidbauer
This script is a Toolbox based heavily on the Connect Poly Shape 3.0 Toolbox by Dirk Bialluch. This Tool features a very useful Toolbox. I have taken that toolbox, cleaned the ui a bit and separated all necessary code into a separate file. You can now use this Toolbox without CPS. Most of the code remained unchanged, so the original credit goes to the owner.
source the script in maya then run nm_toolbox
IMPORTANT: the NEW call for opening the UI is nm_toolbox. So you will need to change your shortcuts/buttons accordingly.
- fills your toolbox automatically with useful polygon editing tools on first startup
- allows you to drop any shelf button to the toolbox
- stores your toolbox on button click ("Store"- Button)
- lets you remove any toolbox button
- allows you to drop any toolbox button to the shelf
- features an editor to change any toolbox buttons (Label, command etc.)
- features an editor for adding/removing/naming tabs
- start the editor by selecting Commands > Edit Tabs
- manage Tabs by RMB-Clicking on the "Toolbox Tabs"-List in the Editor
- manage Tab contents by either draging/dropping stuff from/to the main view or adding/removing stuff by RMB-Clicking the "Toolbox Content"-List in the Editor
Important Differences from the CPS Version:
- new UI
- Shelf buttons and Toolbox buttons now use the same labeling. So toolbox and shelf can exchange buttons without editing them in the editor
Do not forget to store your toolbox modifications via the "Store Active Tab"-Button. This generates an optionVar within Maya that
keeps your toollbox settings.
- Maya 2013 Icon Shelf has a min scale. So you won't be able to scale the window as small as you like.
- The Editor layout is a bit broken. I'll fix this when i've got some more time. For now, changes will be stored, but you'll have to restart the UI manually after closing the editor.