This script creates a Poly plane at the origin with a snapshot of your perspective view. Also creates a label as part of the image. It is especially useful for creating character or facial pose icons.
I created the script to use in conjunction with the revolutionary zooTriggered script by Hamish McKenzie.
For example, a typical workflow for a facial rig:
1. Store your poses into stepped keyframes.
2. Use oaImagePlane to create your pose icons.
3. Arrange the icons logically in front of the camera.
4. Parent the icons to the camera so that they will act like a videogame HUD.
5. Use zooTriggered to connect your icons to your poses.
6. Now, just click on the icons to pose your character's face!
Leaves alone your Render Globals image format. No longer changes it to JPEG.
Added a confirm dialog allowing you to overwrite an existing image. Much better.
Now allows spaces in the image label name. Automatically replaces spaces with underscores.
Please use the Feature Requests to give me ideas.
Please use the Support Forum if you have any questions or problems.
Please rate and review in the Review section.