Copyright (c) 2022
The MIT License (MIT)
Permission is hereby granted, free of charge, to any person obtaining a copy of this software and associated documentation files (the "Software"), to deal in the Software without restriction, including without limitation the rights to use, copy, modify, merge, publish, distribute, sublicense, and/or sell copies of the Software, and to permit persons to whom the Software is furnished to do so, subject to the following conditions:
The above copyright notice and this permission notice shall be included in all copies or substantial portions of the Software.
THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHORS OR COPYRIGHT HOLDERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER LIABILITY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM, OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR OTHER DEALINGS IN THE SOFTWARE.
2013, 2012, 2011
- Fixed a bug that would cause the icons to render as black silhouettes (Windows).
- Added access to capture cameras focal length, near and far clip planes in the Options window.
- Fixed a bug that would cause the icons not to show at all after capture (Windows).
- Reverted to .bmp image format on Windows and .xpm on Mac and Linux.
- Fixed a situation where the previewed icon would revert to wireframe right away.
- Mac support officially added (a big thank-you to Ludo for testing it on OSX!).
- Fixed a bug where pressing the CTRL (or ALT) key would not properly apply a fraction of the pose.
- Fixed a problem when a pose would not be applied if there were more than one control with the same name in the scene, even though one of the controls was specifically selected.
- User can now choose any color for the icons button background (Windows only), not just the black/gray/white options.
- User can now choose the color of the capture cameras background.
- Icons are now rendered using Mayas software renderer, so any normal map/bump map/light effects are visible on the pose icon.
- Poses can now be captured even when current time is 0 (or a negative frame number).
- Switched to .xpm format for the icons to insure better compatibility with OSX and Linux (existing .bmp icons are still supported on XP/Vista).
- Added option to manually set poseLib path in Options window.
- Removed wasted empty space around icons (tighter GUI look).
- Better icon name placement (centered under the icon picture).
- Fixed a situation where the icon preview would disappear as soon as it appeared (and revert to the wireframe view).
- Fixed a display bug on Linux where the frame for the namespace options would appear with a height of 1 pixel.
- Fixed a user name bug on Linux when creating poses.
- Fixed a silly bug when previewing icon which failed to render the icon altogether.
- User can now apply a pose simultaneously to multiple selected characters (referenced or not).
- Changed the far clip plane of the capture camera to 10000, which fixes a situation where your character would disappear when zooming way out.
- The pose icons proper position is now preserved when replacing a pose or adding/removing controls.
- Focal lens of capture camera changed to 200 to avoid too much perspective deformation on icons.
- PoseLibs confirmation windows (delete/replace pose, add/remove controls, etc) now always appear over poseLibs window, rather than Mayas main window.
- Existing characters and categories now get properly recognized even when launching poseLib without sourcing it first.
- Fixed Maya crash when renaming poses in certain situations (just press enter key to validate new name).
- Added support for .xpm icons.
- Added Linux compatibility.
- Added preliminary Mac OSX compatibility (still a problem with the icons showing red though ).
- Added support for Maya's Character Sets.
- At launch time poseLib now directly displays the proper category without briefly showing the very first one.
You can now quickly apply a pose to selected referenced controls even without setting the proper namespace; poseLib will infer the namespace from the first object selected, resulting in a much more flexible workflow.
- Added a much-requested Isolate Selected feature when capturing icon (right-click in the capture view).
- User can now resize freely the poseLib window without having to click on Shorter or Taller buttons.
- User can now rearrange freely the icons positions by middle-mouse dragging them around. Click on Save Preferences to save the icons new position (see the troubleshooting section for inherent limitations).
- Pose files dont have the null character at the end of each line anymore.
- Cleaned-up the main UI of unneeded controls and added an Online Help button linking to the poseLib page.
- Added: User can now directly edit a pose text file through the Edit Pose sub-menu.
- Added: User can choose a text editor program in the Options window (default is wordpad.exe).
- Added: Textures can be enabled/disabled in the Icon Preview window, as they sometimes can get in the way of readability.
- Fixed a situation when the Rename Category or Rename Character windows would stay up when poseLib was re-launched.
- Fixed little UI details: the Capture Icon window should now look a bit cleaner before and after preview. Same with a bunch of other miscellaneous windows.
- Updated: Spaces are now allowed in the poseLib paths. e.g.: C:/Documents and Settings/My Name/Maya/poseLib.
- Added an incentive (or a warning, really) for the first-time user to manually set poseLibs path. This should clear up some confusion regarding characters list clashing with project directories. My bad, my bad!
- Added a VERY preliminary Linux compatibility (bad GUI and very unstable overall)... :-/
- New feature: You can now select individual channels from the channel box, and the pose will be applied only to those.
- Fixed a bug when deleting a character from the option window that would close the option window and force the user to reopen it in order to proceed with any further changes.
- Added backward compatibility with Maya 6.0.
- Added support for blendshapes; You can now select "raw" blendshapes like any other control (thanks to Oli for testing this one).
- Fixed an annoying bug with the icon capture window that wouldn't correctly show the preview icon if the size was greater than 100 pixels, and often even hid the capture buttons themselves (!).
- Fixed a bug that would change the icon's size back to 50x50 every time you re-launch Maya (thanks to Didier and David for bringing this one up to my attention).
- Updated the incremental behavior to be triggered either by the ALT or the CTRL keys (whatever works best for the user).
- Added a "bookmark list" feature in the poseLib's directory option window to easily switch between often-used projects without having to click you way through every time.
- Fixed a bug where the icons wouldn't show up after capture (red squares) if the "images" directory path was set in an absolute way instead of relative.
- Fixed the window's title bar to correctly reflect poseLib's current directory.
- Added the feature to apply a pose by increments (by holding down the ALT key and clicking on a pose): It will progressively blend between the current pose and the clicked one. Idea and code provided by ''Keith Lango''. Two thumbs up for the Man!!!
- Added a button in "Options" to open Windows Explorer in the current poseLib directory (to facilitate organizing files/poses).
- Fixed a bug when "special attributes" on the selected controls would crash the script when saving a pose.
- Preferences are now automatically saved after choosing the path to the poseLib folder.
- The script is re-launched and the characters/categories refreshed after setting the poseLib path.
- Added a "Get namespace from Selection" button (for lazy people like me).
- Changed the startup default poseLib directory to now point to the user's default project.
- Changed the icon capture camera's focal length to 100, to avoid weird perpective deformations on the icons.
- Changed the "Apply Pose" proc to keep any attribute requiring a "-type" flag from crashing the script.
- Added a "Directory Location" choice in the options window to choose the poseLib directory.
- Various minor code cleaning.
- Changed the way the code was making an assumption about the referenced character's top node. That should make the referenced behavior much more reliable.
- Fixed a really stupid bug in the referencing code when selecting the pose's controls (thanks ''Chris'').
- Fixed a UI display bug (where the main window's size would get weird after changing categories).
- Fixed a bug when after creating a new category and saving the preferences the icons wouldn't match the choosen category at startup.
- Changed the place of the "Select Pose's Controls" menu and put it on top of the first right-click menu, because it's pretty useful after all (and it's got nothing to do with editing the pose anyway). :-)
- Added buttons to make the UI taller or shorter (by increments of one row).
- Fixed bug with selecting poses controls (forgot to implement new ref system!).
- Changed the way poseLib deals with referencing.
- User can now type-in spacename (with the advantage that now poses can be used among different characters without having to copy them)
- Changed the pose file format to remove the path name from the controls (that way, even if the hierarchy changes, the pose will still work).
- Ref/Unref choice is now only relevant when applying a pose.
- Temporarily disabled "smart" mode.
- Fixed a bug in the "Preview Icon" proc that would consistently jump back to the same frame in the timeline.
- Added "Smart Mode" to apply the pose regardless of the ref mode.
- Changed pose file format (no backward compatibility, unfortunately).
- Added ability to save/apply poses in ref/unref mode, even with characters having same name-controls in the scene.
- Added ability to save/apply a pose to multiple characters/objects at once.
- Fixed having to apply pose twice (just remember that the ik/fk switch attribute has to come before the hip or shoulder joint).
- Improved overall stability.
- Fixed "Select controls from pose".
- Fixed "Remove controls from pose".
- Added "Add/replace control to pose" feature. (...)
- Revamped GUI layout.
- Basic principle working. - Save icon for pose.
Animation Manager for Maya 1.0.6 (maya script)
Quadruped Path Animation System for Maya 1.1.4 (maya script)
BitCake Exporter - a Game Animation plugin 1.1.0 for Maya (maya script)
Animation Data Recovery 1.1.0 for Maya (maya script)
JPose and Animation Tool for Maya 1.2.2 (maya script)
SearchNPick Animation Picker 1.3.0 for Maya (maya script)