About Reanimted Rigging Tool
A biped auto rigging script using Python. This has been used in production for the game studio Reanimted Frogs' (part of The Game Assembly) last three games. This script has been tested with Maya 2011 - 2015* and Windows 7-8. Might work on other operating systems and earlier versions of Maya which support Python.
- Written in Python and compatibility with Maya 2011*, 2012, 2013 and 2015.
- Works on both symmetric and asymmetric characters.
- Create a full rig or only a specific part.
- Works on both plantigrade and digitigarde limbs.
- Able to rig characters in any position
- Designed to work in our own game engine, Keeper Engine.
- Fully scalable.
- IK/FK switch for both arms and legs.
- IK/FK solution for spine.
- Option for FK driven fingers.
About Ella Svahn
I'm a technical artist student at The Game Assembly, Malmö Sweden. I'm finishing up my portfolio right now and I'm seeking a 20 week internship (Sep 2014 - Jan 2015) for the last part of my education. My fokus is Rigging, Scripting and Shaders.
- Download the script and save it: C:\Users\yourUserName\Documents\maya\currentMayaVersion\scripts
- Open Maya (or restart Maya).
- In the command line , using Python (not MEL), write:
The Reanimated Rigging Tool window will open.
- To open the window again write:
*UI looks slightly different on 2011.
Please use the Feature Requests to give me ideas.
Please use the Support Forum if you have any questions or problems.
Please rate and review in the Review section.