Permission is hereby granted, free of charge, to any person obtaining a copy of this software and associated documentation files (the "Software"), to deal in the Software without restriction, including without limitation the rights to use, copy, modify, merge, publish, distribute, sublicense, and/or sell copies of the Software, and to permit persons to whom the Software is furnished to do so, subject to the following conditions:
The above copyright notice and this permission notice shall be included in all copies or substantial portions of the Software.
THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHORS OR COPYRIGHT HOLDERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER LIABILITY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM, OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR OTHER DEALINGS IN THE SOFTWARE.
scatterObj is for distributing objects across any poly surface, this script is very easy to use and it help you scatter objects quickly. it uses the surface vertex to spread the objects on, so if you want more objects on the surface you need to increase its poly count and vice versa. and it give you random rotation and scale so you don't get identical trees, grass, hair or what ever you are using.
1) Make sure that your source geometry "tree" pivot point is in the right position. 2) Select the surface first and then select the object you want it to be scattered last.
1) Copy the script to Maya script folder . 2) Open Maya and in the script editor load the script and then select the script and add it as "Mel" button to your shelf.
- Align To Surface: Tick this button if you want the objects to follow the orientation of the surface, like for hair or grass.
- Translation: You can adjust the value to get random results in the translation X and Z.
- Rotation: You can adjust the value to get random results in the rotations X Y Z.
- Scale: You can adjust the value to get random results in the scale X Y Z.
Note: This is my first script guys so please take it easy on me, and please let me know what you think!! i'm willing to improve it and make it for maya 2008 and 2009.