It's connection-based, no expression. so, amazingly fast!
How to install
1. Put this script in a script folder like here.
2. Run lines below in python tab.
Before execute it, there are several requirements.
- Joints should be X axis down. (3rd joint doesn't matter)
- IkHandle shouldn't have point-constraint or parent-constraint. (Pole vector constraint is OK)
How to use
- Set string in a text box. This is going to be prefix for new locaters.
- Select a ikHandle and a object that is going to point-constrain the ikHandle. (maybe a curve for controler, maybe a locater for position offset )
- Push the button.
- You can find a attribute "Soft IK dist" on the constrain-object you selected. Set value.
How to delete
- Delete "xxx_SoftIK_Aim" locater and below.
- Delete "Soft_IK_dist" attribute.
You can see how it works in Andy Nicholas's original blog post. Thank you so much for sharing, Andy!
Please use the Feature Requests to give me ideas.
Please use the Support Forum if you have any questions or problems.
Please rate and review in the Review section.