Why to SampleSpans?
When rebuilding a NURBS Surface or a Curve, you have to know what direction is U
and what direction is V. Then, count your spans manually and only then rebuild.
Instead of wasting time on figuring it out, just click the "acquire" button to get the current span values into the boxes, thereby tweaking them from the original values.
NURBS Sufaces & Curves rebuild add-on
Acquire Spans UV is actually an add-on to Maya's default Rebuild Surfaces and Rebuild Curves option boxs. It adds a few buttons to make the task of uniformic rebuilding very comfortable:
As can be seen in the picture, for each direction ( U & V ) there are four buttons:
Acquire, 2x, 3X and 4X.
- The Acquire button will immediately feed the text box with the number of spans of the selected NURBS surface
- The multiplier buttons will immediately feed the number of spans of the selected NURBS surface times 2, 3 or 4
- The Acquire U+V button will acquire both directions at the same time
- The Acquire and Apply button will acquire both directions and rebuild
- Now supports Maya 2009 and Maya 2009-x64
Please use the Feature Requests to give me ideas.
Please use the Support Forum if you have any questions or problems.
Please rate and review in the Review section.