Copyright (c) 2022
The MIT License (MIT)
Permission is hereby granted, free of charge, to any person obtaining a copy of this software and associated documentation files (the "Software"), to deal in the Software without restriction, including without limitation the rights to use, copy, modify, merge, publish, distribute, sublicense, and/or sell copies of the Software, and to permit persons to whom the Software is furnished to do so, subject to the following conditions:
The above copyright notice and this permission notice shall be included in all copies or substantial portions of the Software.
THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHORS OR COPYRIGHT HOLDERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER LIABILITY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM, OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR OTHER DEALINGS IN THE SOFTWARE.
2009, 2008, 8.x, 7.x, 6.x, 5.x, 4.x, 3.x, 2.x, 1.x
Reviews Love it? Or maybe you want to share some creative ways you're putting this item to use.
Dougie0047 said almost 14 years ago:As said in the Title, it works, and is easy to use, but it leaves behind transform nodes. I think it would be great if you could write the script so that when using the tool, the transform nodes that get created when making a polyChunk are deleted in the process.
tjgalda said almost 14 years ago:It works fine in the testing. I just tried it at the master class at Siggraph Asia on a 2009 x64, and no problems as reported. You'll have to source the script, then run the tool as: tj_polyFaceRipper I find it best to do that all on a shelf button, such as: source "c://mel//tj_polyFaceRipper.mel"; tj_polyFaceRipper; Edit the path to where you saved it, then copy and paste that onto a shelf button. Then all you have to do is select the faces you want to make a new object with and hit the button. :) If you're still having problems, send me a message and I can try to sort out what isn't working for you. :) It's a very simple script, so there's not much to go wrong. :)
JLove said almost 14 years ago:Great Idea and would be a huge help but... Trying to use it in Maya 2009 x64 and get this... Error: name 'tj_polyFaceRipper' is not defined