This is my first Mel Script I attempted at making and it is by far not complete. This is currently a work in progress version and I decided to post it on Creative Crash to get some feed back and share the work I am doing.
Custom Stair Generator
Primary purpose of this tool is to be very adaptable and portable for what you need.
The intent of this script is to be an simple tool that will produce the desired basic staircase for game engines. It is not designed to produce a high quality ready to render asset. This tool is intended to be used within the development process of creating stairs.
The ideal situation would be if you need to make a quick and dirty spiral staircase that does not have many frills, bells and whistles. You can take the base asset you are given and take it wherever you want! Turn it into a high quality stair case, or just slap a texture on it and call it good!
* Create solid base stairs
* Create floating stairs
* Ability to estimate values of the staircase (height of steps, length of staircase) in any combination you desire.
* Create stairs in three different types, Straight, Angled, and Spiral
* Adjust the given values for either type of staircase you generate
* Optimization: to remove as many edges or tris as possible to make it the lowest tri count as possible
* Engine Correction: to orient the asset in the correct X Y Z cordinates depending on the engine of your choice (UDK, UE4, UNITY)
* Auto UV Mapping
* Hand Rails
* Higher Poly Versions option
* Adjust height of spiral stair cases depending on characters height
Please use the Feature Requests to give me ideas.
Please use the Support Forum if you have any questions or problems.
Please rate and review in the Review section.