zPipeMaker Simple is a fast and easy pipe tool for maya. It uses auto-snapping bend deformers and allows you to manipulate them into any shape you can imagine.
Here is an extensive feature list.
zPipeMaker Features: Simple
- Make a pipe segment and snap a new one to the end of the first one.
- Edit any pipe's control in the chain of pipes.
- Adjustable Real-Time Controls for (Subdivision Axis, Sub Height, Width, Curve length,Curve Scale, Curve Amount, and Rotation).
- Automatic Minimal Twist to account for any rotation for smooth edge-flow and perfect uncut pipes.
- Automatic Optimization for the whole pipe or single pipe segments based off of a threshold, curve amount, and scale.
- Quick Settings to speed up the creation of pipes.
- Customizable Quick Settings Values
- Automatic Merging of verts, deleting caps, and final nice and clean UVs for the finished pipe.
- Remember Rotation value when making new pipes
- Duplicate Pipe Chains
- Multi Connect Control and Add
Works in all scale settings(mm, cm, m, in, yd, ft) and up-axis(y, z) on maya 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016. It is untested in any of the earlier versions so feel free to give it a try!
Make sure to watch the video in order to get the full idea of how the script works and what it does.
Please check out zPipeMaker Advanced if you want to use the same script, but have the ability to swap custom meshes that you create on the pipe!